Just as I am healing from the pain of missing Mayuko and Nao, I had to bid farewell to Aina and Tomoe today. Initially it wasn't as sad as the first group, because afterall I spent only half a day with them this time. And their English were not as good, so we couldn't communicate much. But after a few hours now, I am feeling so terrible. This morning I saw that they left a present behind (despite after exchanging presents on the first day). When I got back home I read the notes they left behind and was so touched. I just went down to open my letter box, hoping to receive the online shopping parcel and was kinda disappointed that it was empty. So I took out the few leaflets and was about to throw them when I noticed a small envelope. It was sent by Aina before she left Japan for Singapore. I teared when I saw it. And after reading what was written inside, I really feel so heart wrenching. How can someone be so nice and sincere to someone whom she has never met, or someone whom she has only known for half a day?
I feel ashamed of myself for being skeptical about human kind.
And now I feel foolish not to have buy more things for them because as a student, I know they feel financially restricted to buy things they like. I feel like buying for them now but I dont know if they will still be in hotel tomorrow. :(
I really feel so upset now. Sometimes I wished I didnt host them.
P.S. If one day I have the chance to go to Osaka, I must definitely find them and pass them some Singapore food that they like but cant bear to buy.
Note to self: Milo nuggets, milo cereal, herbal jelly, mixed nuts, cookies and candies.
No comments:
Post a Comment