Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's my 2nd day here in Copenhagen and I must say the 1st lesson learnt is...

NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE COLD.


Day time is still ok. Outside is -6 degree celsius now but night goes down to -10. Took a 10 min walk ytd afternoon and only my fingers and nose froze.

Took a 10 min walk at night to watch fireworks and my whole body is shivering.

Probaby because I didn't wear enough.

Anyway, new year here is totally different from Singapore's. Ours are too commercialise.

Theirs are very silent, a family affair thing but the whole neighbourhood was putting fireworks so we kind of get a free show. We put out some fireworks too, which sadly is banned in Singapore.


Speaking of the danish family I'm staying with, they're super kind. Without them fetching us from the airport, I doubt we can make it alive by taking train. I had 4 luggages with me. But we can't bear to take cabs as cabs are super duper expensive here. A ride from the airport to here (less than 30mins) cost 500dkk which is like SGD140!!!

The family made lots of food for us. Danish pastries and bread for breakfast, delicious 3 course meal for dinner, with white and red wine accompanying. In Denmark, beer is cheaper than water. So you know how good drinker they are.

Oh and there're 2 kids in the house. Kennard, 5 and Marcus 2. Marcus is super duper cute!

The room now is in a mess with 3 beds and lots of luggages so I did not unpack my stuff, just taking out the essentials. So no photos to upload for now.

Anticipating to get the hostel key on 4th Jan!

No comments:

Post a Comment