Dear JH,
And so this day has arrived. The day of your results, your 21st birthday (finally!), and the night you're flying off to Copenhagen.
Okay, I don't know where to start. My feelings are like in a mixer now. I wonder if you feel elighted that "Yeah it's 21st birthday!", or "Boo I'm old now". I wonder if you feel excited about Europe!, or scared that you're so far away from home, without your family by your side, and not much money in your bank account. (Yes I know it has depleted by >7k).
Nevertheless, you are one lucky, fortunate and blessed kid (woman). No, you do not hold a blast 21st birthday party like most of our friends did because you do not like attention. But I can say you've the most wonderful friends that one can ever have, and the family that you'd love to be with the next life, next next life, next next next life and so on.....................
No you do not have a million bucks, neither a LV alma nor Chanel 2.55 (yet) but being contended is a form of happiness and you know that well.
I know you are glad that sweetie has stayed by your side all these while, accepting your faults and for who you are. And you appreciate bro eug, linda, cally and huihui for being there for you even though you're not their closest friend.
I know you are grateful that friends offered you their mp3 when they know you needed one, how weelun offered you his army backpack when he knows you wanted one, and how your ex-student went to the temple to pray for a safe trip for you.
All these little actions meant a lot.
And also your family-the one you quarrelled most with, yet treasured most. Things that they've done for you can't simply put in words, they can only be felt through the heart.
And now that you're leaving them tonight for half a year to a far away land, promise me that you'll survive, be happy, enjoy Europe, and come back home safely.
Before I sign off, here's wishing you good luck for your results, happy birthday and bon voyage! Congratulations for being able to turn your dream into reality.
EUROPE!!!!! HERE WE COME!
Love,
Jia Hui
30 Dec 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment