Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 3: Yang Ming Shan/ Shipai hot spring/ Shilin night market

Day 3- the day I look ugliest with only a thin layer of foundation slapped on the face. Also called the "back to nature" day.

I prefer Hong Kong taxis. They are more hard to get which makes them more precious. Lol. In Taipei, you don't have to worry not being able to find a cab.
I posted a post card back to SG.

On our way to Shilin station, and transferred to bus Red 5. We had a hard time finding the bus stand. People around there and staff from Watsons don't know a thing. Then our 恩人from Cosmed finally guide us to the correct way!






The bus journey were quite long, with all the mountain roads. Quite cool since in SG we don't have such rocky and steep road. And the scenery was breath-taking. You really need to have strong legs because there are limited seats on the bus.



We wanted to go to the National Park but walked the wrong way and ended in a trail. It's a looooong trail, and we couldn't U-turn since when we realised we walked the wrong way, it's already neither here nor there. Sweetie almost died there, but I kept telling her the shipping fees of a corpse is SGD10 000++. The amount of sweat she perspired can be contained into a 1.5L bottle. Not I 垮张 lor, look at how she sweat. Lol. Reminds me of Weelun. As for me, I was quite happy though cos I've been wanting to climb mountains but had no chance!


I'm so glad we lost our way cos we met nice people during the trail. =)









They brought us to the visitor's centre where sweetie claimed that she saw a guy who looks like her primary school mate. Someone among that group of guys. I'm quite sure they are Singaporeans. You know how some people got the Singaporean look? Just like me.







We saw a very Neon colored caterpillar.








The view on top of Yang Ming Shan is really amazing. Photos do not do it justice. It is so much nicer looking through your eyes and heart. A pity that Taipei is ALWAYS foggy. Air pollution is so serious.




They are the nice people whom I'm talking about. Uncle and Auntie Xie. They brought us around Yang Ming Shan, if not we'd never get to the observatory tower! They even treated us to lunch! OMG. I really enjoyed this trip mainly because of the people I met there.










They also helped us took photos. Ah! Waterfall! The water looks cloudy. They are also our tour guide, giving us information about Yang Ming Shan and Taiwan!



花钟。 One day when I'm old, I hope to be like Uncle and Auntie Xie. Still as loving and visiting Yang Ming Shan together almost everyday.



We ate lunch together, thanked them and next stop: Shipai 石牌. And sweetie kept reading it as shibei 石碑。 What the hell! Haha.
We got free tickets to this hot spring 椰林。 Again we had difficulty searching for the bus stand outside shipai station because it is so well hidden among the advertisement boards!



On the bus, I again ask favour from the bus driver. Lol. ALL the bus drivers were so nice to tell us where to alight. One thing good about their bus is that they don't have double decker. So the driver don't have to shout to the 2nd floor.

So many kind souls helping us, of course we managed to get to our destination. (^.^)






I wanted to get a public hot spring when I learned that it has better facilities and no time limit. However we must be fully naked for a public spring and sweetie die die will not get naked. So in the end we settled for a private hot spring. So much smaller and time limit of 40 minutes only, but you can do whatever you want inside la.








I did both hot and cold whereas sweetie did cold only as she's super afraid of heat! I sweated like hell for the hot spring bath but it was super shiok! I can feel the blood circulation throughout my bnody, especially my face. By the time we drained off the hot water and filled the cold water, we are left with 10-15minutes. We hurried with the cold bath because we need to pay if we exceed the 40 minutes!
After the 温泉, we felt so refreshed!








We boarded bus back to MRT station. On the way, there was this auntie who sat beside me. When she learned that we wanted to go to shilin night market, she somehow forbidded us to alight at Shipai station cos she says that this bus goes to shilin too. Just a 10 minutes walk.
As a tourist, we wanted to play safe and take MRT directly to Shilin night market. 10 minutes of walk can be devastating if you don't know the way!
Initially I thought she wasn't in the right mind cos she talked damn loud, people on the bus were staring at US (yes me inclusive cos we sat together). But when I realised how things she said makes sense and are correct (she can even tell me where the students on the bus will alight and when's their graduation day), I began to trust her.
The auntie above in brown pants is her lor. Lol. I don't dare to snap a photo directly cos she was so fierce. But she's also another kind soul who alighted with us to guide us the way to shilin night market. She had to walked back one bus stop just to help us!



Thank you auntie and sorry for thinking that you're a lunatic.
Scooters are so common! Everyone is riding one (and riding dangerously). This lady tried to squeeze in between buses and almost fell! Safety first!







After asking around for directions as usual, we reached shilin night market! The sun has not set, so there was no crowd (yet).

Even executives in suits are riding a scooter.

They have no rules to how many people they can pillion ride. If you look carefully, there is another kid in front. Some even have kids and dogs. So cute la.

Tried doing that in SG, you'll definitely get featured in STOMP and receive a letter from LTA.
Shilin night market!










We were so happy because we love shilin although some people don't really like. Just like how I hate Wufenpu while some like.
We went to this shop where they sell lots of cute stuffs and sweetie bought lots of candies for her friends. Their Hello Kitty were not affordable to me so I just took a shot.




I find their advertising very funny!









Nope, never try the famous 士林豪大大鸡排。





Sweetie tried but failed to get any. But anyway it's so cheap like NT10 (SGD 0.45) per game.



We couldn't find 阿宗面线in Ximending yesterday night! So when we saw 阿宗面线 in Shilin, we immediately want to eat!!!!!! 啊啊啊!!!

I wonder how nice it really is... Hmm...












And it is really heavenly! See how I finished everything! I think I'm gonna eat 阿宗面线 everyday in Taipei! 哈哈哈哈!






Their chilli. I took some from Sweetie and I love it! Which Singaporean don't love chilli?


Continued with the shopping.














We both love to eat fruits!



There is this alley which looks like our wet market. Maybe in the morning they really sell fresh food?





We saw this shop where all the shoes were going at NT95 (SGD4.30!) Of course must go in no matter how crowded it is.








But cheap stuffs usually means low quality or UGLY. I only found one that caught my eyes but sadly, my feet proves too big to be a Taiwanese.
But the sales assistant was so nice. He helped him searched everywhere, boxes after boxes, when my shoes only cost NT95.
He gave up after like 10 minutes, apologising to me that there is no size 8/9. If this is in SG, the person whould have given up after 30 seconds. Who bothers to go very down to the very last box (which means have to remove all the boxes on top and stack back one by one)?

Commendable service!
I saw this BBQ stall and wanted to eat the mushroom. This stall sells NT40 for a stick of mushrooom. It is the best BBQ mushroom I've eaten! The taste, the smell.... PERFECT!

Sweetie next saw this stall which sells way cheaper than the mushroom stall. NT11 for each stick. But 一分钱一分货。I don't like this stall at all. The food are not fresh, the taste is so much worse than the mushroom stall. I saw flies and even worm on the food.



There's a risk to take if you want to eat food from street stalls.


Another 3 person ride! Lol.





Definitely must take a photo of this stall! A pity that it did not open. Perhaps it's closed on a Monday? Or maybe Taiwanese don't like Singapore food?



Ah! I wanted to buy the Hello Kitty on the right but was worried that I had not enough money, and worried that I can't bring it back since it's so big. It costs NT690 (SGD31.22)




So I took a snap and told myself if by the second last day I still miss my Kitty, I'd rush to Shilin.

We enjoyed day 3 very much! Yang Ming Shan was great, and we bought lots of things in Shilin. I bought shoe, clothes and 4 wallets for Mummy dearest! 阿宗面线 was superb too!
Today is such a successful day! Everything worked out according to itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment