We anticipated an exciting day! But it turned out that day 2 is not much fun as well. The best place is Mr. J restaurant.
We couldn't really sleep well because it's a new place, and we only managed to sleep at 3/4am. Although we only had 2 hours of sleep, we amazingly woke up at 6am.
We ate our breakfast at Mac and their breakfast sucks. Theirs are pork instead of chicken and the pork was really damn yucky. As if a real live pig is inside your mouth because the pork smell is so overwhelming.
We wore damn lock cok cos we were thinking Mac is so near our place. Turns out all the Taiwanese are staring at our T-shirt, shorts and slipper attire.
On our way back we met Gary 曹ge。Pai seh I don't know his chinese character. Early in the morning he's shooting photos. Maybe because to avoid fans and media?
We also saw a super duper long queue of fans, but I didn't bother to check who's that superstar. Youngsters there really very free, all don't have to study on a Sunday morning.
After breakfast, our first stop is Sun Yat-sen memorial hall.
Super hot! Grr. Sweetie is sweating like a pig.
I helped 2 hong kongers took photo and they helped us in return. 礼上往来?
Toilets are best place to take photo. If there is one thing I hate about Taiwan, it would be their toilet! Horrendously dirty!
We can't wait to get out of the hot memorial hall. Our next stop is Mr. J!
We got a bit lost when walking to City hall station. It is only a stop away from SYS station but their map is so misleading. In the map, everywhere looks so near but when you're there, you realise you've been cheated and especially so when Taiwan's roads are not labelled! We asked around (in Chinese) and there was this middle-aged uncle replied us in English. I guess they find my Chinese quite cui so they answered in English?
We found Taipei City hall with the help of that uncle and then tried finding the free shuttle bus to Mr. J. However we had a hard time too because we don't know how to say shuttle bus in chinese!
In the end we gave up as no one really knows the exact location and there doesn't seems to be any shuttle bus on a Sunday. We took blue 5 instead. Cost like NT67??? Forgotten.
Seriously, they have no consideration for not so short people like me. I wonder how my 1.9m tall cousin take their bus....
Saw some street market stalls...
Things do not help as some people are not from Taipei so they're not familiar too. We finally managed to ask 1 police woman who knows the way!
So we loiter around their medicine school. Although it's a sunday but students are attending lessons! We found a seat outside a classroom and I sat down, ignoring passer-bys look. Sweetie says the seats are for late-comers etc but I don't give a damn!
There was this female student who waved and smiled at me. Do I look familiar to her? Or is Taiwanese super friendly? I was holding a Taiwan map so she should know that I'm not a student there ba...
And finally we have seats!
We ordered a set meal.

Appetiser: Salad and soup.

My main course: cream spag.

Sweetie's seafood spag which I love!

Their spag is the best I've ever eaten. Texture and taste is just RIGHT. Not too soft nor hard. Taste not bland nor overwhelming.
The bread is yummy too!

I love Mr. J!
If Jay dines with me, it'd be P.E.R.F.E.C.T. (not that I don't want to eat with you though, sweetie)
After the main course, I'm so full that I can barely finish the cake. But the cake is also too nice to be wasted.

Appetiser: Salad and soup.
My main course: cream spag.
Sweetie's seafood spag which I love!
Their spag is the best I've ever eaten. Texture and taste is just RIGHT. Not too soft nor hard. Taste not bland nor overwhelming.
The bread is yummy too!
If Jay dines with me, it'd be P.E.R.F.E.C.T. (not that I don't want to eat with you though, sweetie)
After the main course, I'm so full that I can barely finish the cake. But the cake is also too nice to be wasted.
And my milk tea.


The best thing is, it's not expensive! SGD16.60 per pax!


My dad loves this.
A pleasant surprise to see Singapore there so I took a quick snap of it!

This cute little boy just wouldn't get out of my lens. Lol.
The piano used in Secret! Gorgeous!




My dad loves this.
This cute little boy just wouldn't get out of my lens. Lol.
Our next stop is Wufenpi. The one that many people say die die must go. We went, and we were so disappointed!


It's like our bugis street, just much bigger. Like 5-6 times bigger? I don't like bugis street's style. So I hated Wufenpu. Cheap clothes, lousy fashion sense. Yuck. If you've got more towards American style like me, don't go!!!
Waste time. And it's so crowded that we could barely walk. Hard to find a toilet too (same as bugis street). And if you found one, I guarantee that it's as dirty as that in bugis street (or even dirtier).
They have no changing room so you can't try the clothes. Most of the clothes are free size, so unless you're like my size, it's very hard to find clothes there. Plus size clothings are auntie like. Terrible fashion.
It's like our bugis street, just much bigger. Like 5-6 times bigger? I don't like bugis street's style. So I hated Wufenpu. Cheap clothes, lousy fashion sense. Yuck. If you've got more towards American style like me, don't go!!!
So if you like those bugis street clothes (spells cheap clothes in lousy quality) and you're size XS/S, Wufenpu would be great for you.

Furthermore, I don't think their clothes are cheap either.


See how exhausted and disappointed I am with Wufenpu?!
We wanted to go Raohe night market which is very near Wufenpu but we were so tired that we decided to skip that.
Furthermore, I don't think their clothes are cheap either.
See how exhausted and disappointed I am with Wufenpu?!
We wanted to go Raohe night market which is very near Wufenpu but we were so tired that we decided to skip that.
We went back to Ximending and shopped around there. We found this department store which sells lots of cosmetics, food, daily products etc! Totally love it!
See the variety of cosmetics and skin care they have? This is only a tiny corner of the store!
Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese products. You name it, they have it. But they don't carry Western brands though except the more famous ones like Loreal.
Went to the third floor and saw this hello kitty helmet! But I can't wear in SG cos we need the certified label! Grrrr!
No comments:
Post a Comment