Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 1: Changi, Hong Kong, Taoyuan Airport/ Ximending/ Carrefour

1.4k+ ass load of photos taken during the trip!



Can you spot my flight?



Woke up at 7am.. Yawn.. Reached around 830am. We wanted to go early to play safe. Cos I've a phobia of missing plane, train etc.


Miss family!



I was so sua gu that I never see such a big lollipop before. Sweetie says Hougang mall sells it too. It costs SGD 28 at airport.










Lick it!






We were damn early.



So we shopped around the DFS.








I'd love to buy them back but I can't.









H1N1 paronoid.





She looks better with my specs on.






While I look ugly with them.





Our plane!






On board!








Reached HK airport! Love their flooring! Either marble or carpeted.




Shopped around their DFS while waiting to transit to Taoyuan. My Coach shades!




Wanted to play at the kid's corner but was wearing a skirt and there was this uncle who kept looking at me.




Our plane behind us.





Makes me miss Hong Kong!














Our Cathay!







I hate her. She always hide her head behind so that her head looks smaller, which makes mine looks bigger!







I love taking shots that makes me look like an air stewardess advertising for my company! lol.





This is GUCCI.





I thought I can hide in between the models.




At HK airport restaurant but I've got not enough HK currency. =( So I only got a drink for sweetie and we both shared a fan chong.




Wanted to buy things but not enough HK currency. =(





Flying to Taipei now!.


Was extremely disappointed with their airport. Everything in their airport sucks! The flooring is worse than my house's. The toilet is dirty, smelly and flooded. In conclusion, their airport is so run down. Even Malaysia's JB checkpoint and our MRT station also better!


Their trolley is as jialat!
Not even half of HK or SG's standard!




*shakes head* Ugly flooring.
I kept complaining how lok cock Taiwan airport is.







We then took 大有客运 to Taipei main station. It costed NT 90 (approx SGD4.07) There are lots of express buses to Taipei city so don't take their cabs! Cos it's extremely expensive. A ride to Taipei city cost about SGD50.


And the Taiwanese were super friendly. I called this uncle who sells express bus ticket as 大叔cos I literally translate uncle to 叔叔but he said this makes him sounds old! He asked me to call him 大哥instead. Damn funny la. He even gave us 4 tickets to board free buses in Taipei city. When he learned that we are staying for 11 days, he gave us 4 more. So nice!





We reached Taipei main station and decided to take MRT (one stop) to Ximen instead of the free bus. NT20 (approx SGD0.90) for a single trip ticket.




We alighted at Ximen station and we got lost while trying to find our way to hostel! Although it is just a 5 mins walk but their roads have no road names! But luckily Taiwanese are really super friendly. We stood at the junction holding a map and many passer-bys came helping us to find our way. =)
I lost count of the amount of 谢谢 I've said in these 11 days.



Finally reached hostel with our extremely heavy luggage (mine's 9kg while sweetie's 13 kg!)

We reached at around 9.30pm and I took a photo of all our money! I brought USD, SGD, TWD HK and ringgit with me!


I changed to shorts and slipper and set off to Ximending and Carrefour!
Many passer-by were looking at us maybe because of my outfit? People there don't wear slipper, tank top and shorts even though it's summer.
Sweetie says my outfit damn Singaporean. What to do, I'm a 100% Singaporean what! Somemore Ximending so near only.





I saw traffic police and I thought they tio summon. I learned on the 2nd last day that they have no parking coupon so the police is always giving out tickets (like a parking bill).






Ximending!








It's about 10.30pm when we reached Ximending so most of the shops were closed. We were disappointed as there were not much shopping can be done However there were still quite a no. of people. Kids there like to hang out late.. Or maybe cos it's Sat? .








Was strolling when I heard someone called my name. I was like is there someone else also by the name of jiahui?
I turned and saw..
Paul from NTU TKD. I immediately let out a scream. Did I scream "What the fuck!" or "Oh my God!" ? I think I did the latter. I attreacted glances from the passer-bys but hey can you imagine how shocked I was on the very first night at Taipei meeting my friend! What a damn coincidence!


Of all places but Taipei Ximending! I was in a shock mode for the whole night.



Party world building. Heard that their KTV is very good but got no chance to try it out due to time constraint.

Wanted to catch a movie but we felt that it is a waste of tiem. When we saw that each ticket costs NT270 (approx SGD12.22), we were more determined not to watch movie there. What the hell lor! Almost double our price!






My mouth speaks sparkle!





Roads were still crowded at 10.441pm.











The locals must be thinking the 2 women were crazy to get excited over phone booths! Cos Sg very rare to have one ma!





10.47pm. Still quite crowded though the shops were closed.







It's 25 degree celsius at night. The right temperature for me.





Daiso opening! When their shops have opening ceremony, they always have this balloon thingy. Cute huh?












Tried doing jump shots. Getting ready...


Failed.




Failed again.



Failed again and again.



Total failure.

Standing on a bench pretending it's a jump shot. I was thinking how I wish my shuttle is as fast as eug bro's SLR. See bro, I think of you in TW!













Their vending machine not as cool as Japan's but still better than ours la. Cos Taiwanese loves Japanese stuffs so they always copy them.






Some kind of memorial hall.









No photos taken at Carrefour cos I was excited upon seeing their bowl noodles. Didn't buy any though cos we wanted to buy during the last few days so we can estimate how much we can bring back.
At carrefour met this guy who tried to 搭讪 (hit on girls). I realised Taiwanese variety shows such as 我猜 (Guess) is very true on how guys there hit on girls. Super daring la. I refused to give him my number, insisting that he won't be able to get through. He then gave me his name card and he's a GM or something! Unless he is Jay Chou, I won't give my number. Hmph.

After spending NT 139 on food products from Carrefour, we headed to 7-11 near our hostel for a supper. I was still a bit full cos we ate twice on Cathay!
Mine is not as nice as sweetie's cos hers is spicy which suits SG's taste.



But still better than SG's!




NT33 a bowl and NT 25 for my bottle of mineral water. There are lots of 7-11 and 24 hr minimarts but finding supermarkets like Fairprice is difficult.
That's all. Not a very interesting day 1.
P.S I think I look damn skinny in the jump shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment