Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 4: CKS Memorial Hall/ Taipei 101/ NYNY/ Xinyi district

Mummy dearest is at Macau right now. Nobody to cook crispy meat ball, fried chicken wing, stew tofu, mushroom tofu soup,................. for me. Argh. Super duper regret not joining her!


Anyway, I'm working full shift next week, that is 7am - 7pm. God bless me. In some ways or the other, perhaps this is destined such that I won't miss my mum crazily at home?


Ok time to update day 4! I still have 7 days to update! I printed some photos (read about 200 out of 1400) and it already cost me SGD 60+!



Yeah! Day 4 kicked off with 中正记念堂!CKS Memorial Hall. Wanted to wake up early at 8 but fatigue changed it to 9.30 instead. We set off at 10+ & took a train down (5-10 mins only!).



We didn't get lost at all because the exit leads directly to the memorial hall. Althought we were a bit doubtful because it looked so dark and eerie! No one was walking there except us!





But as soon as we stepped out of the station, the HOT, BRIGHT and SCORCHING sun greeted us!


It looked kinda Chinese Imperial design, which I think is really beautiful.



Even the MRT exit is also beautifully design. Why can't Taipei 101 be designed like a Pagoda?






Because it is so fucking hot, we randomly enter a building that is nearest to us to seek shelter. We thought it is the Memorial hall. But no, there are other buildings like theatre, musical hall etc.





So this is the musical hall, I think. Since I'm standing at the theatre, so when I took a shot opposite, it couldn't be the theatre hall agian. Similar to the SYS Memorial hall, young people were dancing, old people were doing their taichi. Taiwanese are sure living a carefree life.





自由广场。Freedom square?










And now that I'm standing at the musical hall, this must be the theatre.


Their roof is beautifully sculptured as well.





A group of Singaporeans walked passed and commented on the tall flag pole. They wondered how long it takes to raise the flag every morning...
The path to CKS Memorial hall is so loooong and it appeared longer under the hot sun!






Finally! The CKS memorial hall! The stairs weren't high, but the sun was really testing my patience. Sweetie says she'll die climbing the stairs, but I ignored her. I mean it's either stay still under the hot sun or climb up into the shades!







I'd definitely do the latter.

Her photographic skill is damn cui over here but you can't blame her. The sun was really killing us.



She didn't even feel like taking her camera out!



Our reward after climbing! The CKS statue!





I wonder how much they're being paid? Perhaps Singapore can consider having these as well, more job opportunities! But even so, I bet these posts will be snapped by Ah Tiongs.




He must be very hot under the thick uniform! Poor him. Cannot move at all. =(






Move to the aircon places!





Art gallery. Actually there were a lot of galleries like calligraphy as well. They even conduct free classes. But too bad I'm not artistic AT ALL.





The lady from the art gallery told me to visit the calligraphy cos they were beautiful. I nodded but thinking I just want the air con.
Why am I so un-artistic??!!!

Some artefacts which my dad would appreciate.


Dad has one (according to him) valuable antique vase which has a slight chip. He was so angry and questioned us who made that. I haven't tell him after all these years that most probably it's me. I was mopping the floor and the vase just blocked my way what! I kicked it aside or something like that.


Pretending to be very interested in them, I took a shot.









This sparked a tiny winy interest in me because of its fragrance!





Leaving CKS, we were again in outdoor!

The pond and the SUN!



Chinese bridge. I love Chinese bridge!




Smile 1.















Smile 2.



But inside feeling damn irritated. Fucking hot!







We met some Taiwanese construction workers before taking the train back and their friendliness (or pervertness??) scare me. I don't even feel like talking to them. They remind me of our Bangla workers here, which I feel they have a pair of scrutinizer.
We can't wait to leave and head to Taipei 101!! Air-con!

We took a shuttle bus from Taipei city hall and 101 is like Paragon. 101 has 2 buildings, 1 is the tall 101 storeys which consisted of offices and the other is 5 or 7 storeys high. Can't remember. Basically, the shorter one is the retail and everything is oh so exxxxxxxxxxpensive.
If you're looking for branded stuffs, this is the right place. All under one roof.

COACH?




Or want some Valentino for your Valentine?








Dior? (I think it has the nicest design)



Cartier jewellery?







dunhill cigarettes?



There are many more lsuch as Gucci, Burberry etc. Paragon cum Ngee Ann (that stretch of branded stores).


I didn't really go in the boutiques except Nine West, DKNY and Christian Louboutin because I know I can't afford so no point wasting time. We went to the highest floor, the restaurants and food is not cheap also. They don't look delicious either so I told sweeite why not we go opposite to New York New York. Confirm cheaper.
NYNY.
They have a linkway (like a bridge) that connects NYNY, 101, Warner vieshow, 新光三越.







The linkway is a good place to take photos! You can see the 101.


See the tall and short 101 buildings I'm talking about? We didn't go to the tall one because to go to the observatory level (89th), need to pay NT400 which is about SGD18. I think it is totally not worth it since Taipei is foggy everyday! You can't see a damn thing and even if you're lucky, I ratehr eat my SGD18 than to spend 5 minutes wow-ing since I had already seen the spectacular view on Yang Ming Shan.

Singaporeans I met there also told me it's not worth it. They're simply blood-sucker. Sucking SGD18 per person!

Seriously, I think 101 is such an ugly building. Who the hell approved the design! So what if it's currently the tallest building. Look at its surroundings! All so cui. It's like 一支独秀。Although it is not fine (秀) at all. The neighbouring buildings are so old and run down. Doesn't complement 101 at all.



Like what I've said, the bridge is a good photo taking spot. 101 behind.

NYNY behind.







World Trade Centre behind.
We chiong to find food as soon as we stepped into NYNY. Their food court is so disappointing that I opt for Mac instead. I chose grilled chicken burger because we don't have it here. It's like teriyaki chicken, not bad. Sweetie ate Mcspicy and her verdict is ours is definitely better! Singaporean's style of spiciness is the best!
Their Mac have chilli, but not spicy at all! More towards sweetness? It is so true that when you see people bringing their own chilli sauce overseas, you know they're from your hometown! I blmae myself for forgetting such important thing! As important as the passport!



Sweetie and I both agree that 101's design looks like a cake. Stacking one layer after the other.
I hope the Dubai building can faster build finish! Or at least some other country take over the highest building record. I can't stand 101's ugliness! Even Malaysia's Petronas towers are nicer.








Taiwan beer. No comment because I'm not a drinker.


After some shopping at NYNY (like our Wheelock), we went to Warner Vieshow. Not to catch a movie but since we walk passed it, I wanted to just see see.
It is like our cineleisure, nothing much.


Bought lots of masks from the SaSa there! I wanted to buy a Guess tank top (30% off) but after buying the Juicy couture slipper last night, I have to control my spendings! If I still want it on the 2nd last day, I'll chiong here to buy! Or maybe I can buy it at Sogo 2 days later!

The Xinyi district is detrimental to the wallet and bank account. Everywhere you go, you see CHANEL, LV and Gucci!

Out of 101 are still high-end stuffs!
新光三越 has 2/3 buildings too. I wanted to find Jill Stuart but couldn't find it. Days later I discovered that their beauty hall spreads throughout the 2/3 buildings. Their version of our Tang beauty hall, but much bigger. I was rather impressed by their lobby lady. There is this lady who dressed very feminine and will press the lift for the customers. If you watch 我猜 you'll know what I mean. But how come 我猜 is a pretty babe but those that we see are not!
However, their service is indeed very commendable. Perhaps they are influenced by the Japanese?




All the high class places.


Went back to 101 at evening to take shuttle bus back to MRT. We were quite tired to continue walking the big big 新光三越.
But before we go, photo taking time! They have 连俊雄,we have 黄俊雄。



Don't be mistaken, I never search for his name hor! There are thousands of names, it's just coincidence. P.S. Elvin Ng is so handsome in The Ultimatum!




My LOVE LOVE LOVE!!


Tokyo has it too, if memory doesn't fail me.





While waiting for shuttle bus, we overheard conversation between 2 young ladies. (Taiwanese talk very loud by the way). We found out that 1 of the lady has wig on. Sweetie says no wonder Taiwanese girls' hair look so thick.
Actually it's quite obvious. Those super thick hair and super long eyelashes confirm fake!



We went back to Ximending for...
Ah Zhong mee sua again! This is the 2nd time!
With previous experience ( of not finding it), we roughly know where it is NOT located.
We stood at a junction analysing which way to go and then there was this guy who asked me to take photos for some drinks advertisement.
I said no and asked where is Ah Zhong mee sua instead.
He said “你帮我拍我才告诉你。”I replied “那就不说好了。”He's a kind soul though, he still helped us despite my unfriendliness.

I think I'm quite smart to change topic by asking where is Ah Zhong mee sua instead! Lol. Can't help but praising myself. Lalala.

Previously at Shilin night market, I only took a tiny scoop of chilli from sweetie. This time I wanted more! Being a typical Singaporean, I took 4-5 spoons of chilli, since their spoon is a tea spoon.
But I was totally wrong! Their chilli is superrrrr hot! I never even taste the spiciness and mix it with my mee sua. Sweetie took only 5 mins while i think I took 20-30 mins to finish my bowl. There were 2 guys from the Nike store who kept looking at us. Must be they never see such 朗贝 person eating mee sua before. Mucus+ tears+sweat.
Did I also mention that Ah Zhong Mee sua has no seat for dine in? I stood with my untied hair and barang barang. Sweetie was so kind to fan me. I think I'd have died without her and her fan.
That's what friends are for. And so I finished my mee sua eventually, with her help! =)





After the mee sua must eat something cooling! Gigantic ice cream!



We ordered a small one for NT20 (SGD0.90). Danshui sells it cheaper at NT15. The big one is like 30 cm high??!!!
It doesn't taste very yummy actually. It's the packaging that sells.


In conclusion, Orchard Road is better as every building is in proximity and most can be linked through undergound walkway which is good for our hot weather! Especially when Ion opens, Orchard Road will be my favourite hang out! I always say since the day Vivo opens that Orchard is irreplaceable! I'm so right! Oh, Ion! I can't wait to see you! You're extremely gorgeous under the lights! Orchard Road rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment