Sunday, May 20, 2012
Rosti
Exams are over, waiting for the results on 28 May and I'm kinda worried for my materials module. Oh well, no use worrying for something that might not even happened right :)
So I made my first attempt in making Rosti. I'd say it's passable. Making it again for Willie tmr.
Here's how I cook mine:
Ingredients (Serves 2)
3 Medium sized Holland potatoes (about 500 g)
Half tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1. Parboil the potatoes for 6 minutes until tender but not yet soft. Allow to cool and refrigerate overnight.
2. Peel the potatoes. Coarsely grate them or slice them thinly. Season with salt.
3. Heat half tbsp of butter and add half of the grated potato. Fry for about 10 minutes and press them into compact pancake shape. Cover with a plate and invert the potato cake.
4. Heat half tbsp butter and slide the potato cake back into the pan. Fry for another 10 minutes until golden crispy brown.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second Rosti.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment