Friday, September 17, 2010

It's terrifying...

I think I'm quite courageous. At least that's what people said of me.

I can't think of anything that really terrifies me (except pigeons and crows. I know that's kinda lame and stupid!).

Exam? It's not really affecting me.
Pain? It's only temporary.

But today I found a thing that is quite terrifying. Of old age.

I think aging and death are something that everyone has to go through in their life. Well maybe not aging since some people die before they aged. I remember Steve Jobs' quote that goes something like "everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die to get there".

How true.

I'm afraid of aging more than dying.

With aging comes many losses.

Beauty fades. (Superficial yes. But who doesn't want to look good?)
Loved ones leaving. Oh how I hate the topic of death.
Losing abilities.
Losing memory.
Health deteriorates.


I love running but I know there will be a day that comes when my legs wouldn't function as well.

There might even be a day where I forgot my happy times I had. Tragic.

If aging means you would not be able to do all those things that you've been doing now, including trivial things like walking to the kitchen to get a cup of drink, would you still long for longevity? Or would you prefer to return this body to nature before that day comes?


为何人要有生老病死呢?就不能永远轻春美丽健康吗?
不管人类多聪明也打不赢自然。
或许需要生老病死才能所谓的“长江后浪推前浪,前浪死在沙滩上。”
oooops. I mean 一代新人换旧人。好像也不是哦。应该是“世上新人赶旧人”

这青出于蓝而胜于蓝的自然淘汰真令人心酸阿!在这短短的一生里,只要能够做自己想做的事,和珍惜心爱的人,应该就没什么后悔了吧?

No comments:

Post a Comment