I'm not that particularly attracted towards clothings but I don't know why I have this urge to buy pretty bags! Used to be satisfied over cheap Bugis street bags but recently I have this craze over designer bags. Not that I'm chasing blindly over brands, as those that I'm lusting over are usually brands that only the fashionistas heard of. I'm not saying I am one but I read fashion blogs on a daily dose! I really do appreciate the intricate design, and the smell of real leather.
So good that I can hug them and die.

Introducing my old love: the Mulberry Alexa. Inspired from English model and TV presenter Alexa Chung, this messenger schoolboy bag caught my eye even before it was launched.

I saved for it but didn't buy in the end because it was so hot and hard to get! Almost everywhere is OOS. I saw it in Denmark though, but reckon that it'd be overpriced. Didn't find it in UK nor France.
When I came back to Singapore, I saw it was selling even at a higher price! Everytime I read updates on the bag, like how it's coming in different colours/ materials, my love for it rekindles. Unfortunately, I saw many shops and even blogshops are selling the inspired Alexa bag. In other words, fake Alexas are loitering around town.
How I hate inspired bags. They are just another form of imitation, just that it has no brand on it but with the exact same design. So isn't it the same as stealing from the designers? Not any better huh?
I recalled how people said imitation is the best flattery. Certainly not in this manner. My view is if you can't afford it, don't get it. But I believe if one really really wants that special something, you can eventually get it with perseverance! If I save and scrimp and not buy random bags or stuff like that, I can actually slowly save enough and buy that dream bag!
So my point is, after seeing so many inspired Alexa around, I'm contemplating if I should still get it.
Hmmmmm..... After tons of photos of PS1, I really feel like getting PS1 and Alexa!
So to motivate me to save money (which is a rather mission impossible), I have written a wishlist! Next Paris trip! Jia you!
Monday kicks in and here's wishing my sweetie a pleasant week ahead! I know how tough it is to wake up so early!
No comments:
Post a Comment