Monday, March 29, 2010

Sweden trip III: Stockholm

Okay I think I shall not procrastinate and finish up my Sweden trip post! Because there are UK trip photos and next month I'm going to Italy.


And today's Sweden one day trip photos, and random photos from everyday life in Denmark.


But because it's late now, going to midnight & I'm sleepy & lazy, I shall post some selected photos only. The rest if you're interested go Facebook lah. Actually it should be going 11pm but Denmark changed 1 hour forward (Daylight saving). Cool hor! Never experience such thing in Singapore lor! So Denmark and Singapore is just 6 hours apart! Now Skyping with family is easier! (At least an hour)


Okay so I shall start with the day when I reached Stockholm. From rural Abisko to city Stockholm. What a big change!



Because we didnt buy any food in Abisko, the first thing we want to do in Stockholm is to have a good meal. McDonald's is a good meal to us. Haiz... Mac is so expensive in Denmark that it's no longer a normal meal to us. At least Sweden is cheaper.

At Mac, we met this China girl who talked to us for quite some time. Seems like she's interested in Singapore! Oh dear. Another addition to our already crowded place. The conversation is something like this...

Why are you here? What do you seek for?

Erm nothing. Just travel and to see the world.

Just like that?? What good life. Don't you need to study?

Yeah we do but we skipped our lessons....

*SHOCKED* WHAT you can skip lesson in Denmark?

Actually no but because we're exchange students so we dont really care...

So how's Singapore's education like? .....

And she continued to ask about our houses how big, how much, if foreigners are able to apply for houses, employment rate, etc etc.

FOR SURE SHE IS INTERESTED IN SINGAPORE!!!! And when she asked us what do we seek for when we travel, it seems like she's thinking we're looking for a husband so that we can migrate. Wah lau. Not all people travel with a motive ok!


Saw many such marks in the sky...


Shopping in Stockholm is so much better than in Copenhagen! I think not many people come to Denmark because
1) Tax is high so things are so so expensive
2) Nothing much in Denmark. In fact I think Singapore's Orchard Road wins hands down!

Copenhagen is not a vibrant city. Sunday is totally dead as nothing is opened except museums and restaurants. Even supermarkets are closed.

But still Copenhagen is a nice place to live in. People are nice, and many good looking dudes and babes.


Found Asian mini marts.. They're much better than Denmark's. More variety, cheaper and I can even find mooncake! WTH! I think even in Singapore dont have mooncake now!


Walked across bridges and witnessed how the frozen lake defroze! Cool!




I think the sunset was so stunning....




Beautiful color from the sunset..



The next day we set off to the largest IKEA! We had a hard time finding the shuttle bus and hence we wasted lots of time. Meanwhile my urine was on the verge of bursting but I had no kroner with me so I cant go to toilet =( Super depressed because I was also thirsty but couldnt drink water as it will only increase my urine...

Finally reached IKEA and I saw this...


Almost cried in joy when I saw the toilet door has no lock! It's FREE!!!

OMG did you people know that toilet cost SGD2 per entry! WTH right! As if the toilet is 5 star! Even if I have cash with me, I wont want to use. I can eat a packet of chicken rice with 2 bucks. Speaking of Chicken rice, I'm gonna try making it tomorrow. Wish me luck. I need lots of luck with cooking. Still pretty bad. Haha.







Since IKEA Sweden is dirt cheap and because we're in SWEDEN!!! Must eat the authentic Swedish meatball, köttbullar!

Only SGD 3.20 for this meal! Cheap right! And boy it was yummy!


I've been to the largest IKEA, have you?

Haha. Don't be mad with me, Tampines Ikea is not bad too.... Erm at least it's the same size as the one I went today in Malmo.. Exact same store design as well.

好地,就写到这吧!晚安咯!


P.S. Yesterday ate really oishii chawanmushi by real Japanese guys! So damn good that my cravings for Sakae sushi was gone. Still I'm gonna chiong Sakae sushi when I'm back. Sweetie I booked you ok!

Shall post up photos of my Scottish breakfast soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment