Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 31: Introduction week

Senior and many other people have been telling me how fun introduction week is and how it's one of their best week ever.

But I wasn't really excited about it. Just deal with it like a natural course.

But I was a bit worried about my group, like how will the people be like.





So Day 1 of intro week and I was late. 8 of us walked into the canteen for more than half hour late. HAHAHA. I'm always late in Singapore, and I don't seem to improve here.

So I've got 1 Australian, 2 Americans, 1 China Chinese, 1 Korean, 1 Spanish, 1 French, 1 Turkish, 1 Latvian, 1 Lithuanian, 1 Italian and 1 Singaporean in the group.

Kinda like my group cos they aren't really hardcore party animals though majority are hardcore drinkers.

I'm neither a party animal nor drinker. I'm not a geek as well. Not a shopaholic. I guess I'm just neither here nor there. Haha.

So we spent Day 1 exploring DTU. Kinda boring cos I'm already here for 3 weeks.

Anyway there's this treasure hunt thingy and my group won. But we didn't win the overall title because our beer tower is too short and wasnt able to carry much cans.






Day 2 of Introduction week

A day to Copenhagen city. Transportation was inclusive for the day trip.

With Elsa, the sexy french girl.



First stop: The Little Mermaid. It wasn't really fascinating because of the cold weather and we had to hurry to other stops. It's covered with so much snow that we can't really see anything. But I'll go back in Spring before the Mermaid ships to China.


2nd stop: Opera house. The whole view was white. You can't see anything much because of the falling snow.


2nd stop as well: Queen's Palace



When the flag is up, the Queen's home. So she's home. I wonder if the Queen does look out of the window and see so many international students? Haha.




It's 200+ students. Heard that the previous semester was 600+. That's insane.





The worse job ever? Besides the cold, he has to do repetitive work (walk up and down). And still have to withstnad irritating camera flashes and annoying tourists like Stefano who tried to make fun of him.






Palace.
















My group 4 going against the strong snow. It's the strongest snow ever since I've been here. Seems like it's true that Feb is the coldest month. The snow is so thick that I almost couldnt open the door of my container.
I'd love to dive into the snow one day =)







3rd stop: National Museum
Learned about the history of Denmark.

Human sacrifice. I used to think only ancient Chinese do it. Seems like ancient Europeans aren't any better.

Wasn't really paying attention to the guide at the later part of the tour cos I was busy talking to a cute French guy!



A very well preserved body. The men who found her washed her hair and the archeologists believed that this is the reason why the hair fell eventully. Makes me wonder who the hell will find a body and then wash her hair???!!! Just scream and run or scream and faint!




This is a tool whereby a white hair woman (I guess a witch) used to predict the future. She will use the intestine, blood, organ etc of men and dump it in this bowl. Yucks! What a bloody future!














Snow was really heavy that day.





Frozen lake.


Observatory tower.









Saw this and couldn't resist taking a photo for Miiko!






Ended off the day with a vegetarian buffet at this restaurant (my first dine-out dinner in Denmark!). The buffet was so good that you cant tell it's vegetarian. Afterwhich party at Student house.
Though beer is considered cheap but I still cant bear to part with my kroner. A little of everything adds up to be a lot!





Day 3 of intro week
Walked to Lyngby station alone. Felt kinda good and was singing along. It's nice to have yanli but sometimes it's nice to walk alone with mp3 as well.
The path that I always take to Lyngby station and to buy grocery.





On the train. Their train is not as clean as ours.






Carlsberg Museum.

















We were greeted by these autographed jerseys when we enter.
I thought of brother immediately. His favourite beer Carlsberg, with favourite club Liverpool and favourite sports football!
For you baby!

Digress a bit.
Brother is so sweet nowdays. Whenever he sees me online, he'd call me "baby how are you today? how's the weather" etc. He calls me baby which he dont do it back home.
I wished I could tell him all the things that I wanted to tell him but I don't want them to worry about me. I even had to swallow my saliva hard when I know I'm on the verge of crying when speaking to mum.



Anyway, humongous beer collection.







To be exact 16,384 bottles.





Davide insisted tht a Chemistry major to take with a Chemist. Lol.




Horses. These horses are stronger than the normal ones because they're for carrying cartons of beers.





I don't understand why there're elephants...







Love the bar. We had 2 free beers but I can't really finish them off. I'm not a good drinker. Should have taken soda instead.





My first Korean friend!



Day 4 of intro week was spent basically attending boring lectures such as the Danish culture etc. Kinda useful though. Each group was then assigned a dish to prepare and we then had dinner with what we prepared.
I had my first bottoms up during the dinner as well. Had a beer, wine and beer. And some sips of vodka here and there. I can feel that I was getting tipsy so I stopped.
Beer with food is so filling! OMG I'm getting fat! Argh! Another reason I dont like beer besides its bitterness is the risk of having beer belly!
Ann didn't even finish half a glass of vodka and she was drunk. Not dead drunk but already 1st stage of drunk.
I was so shocked when I turned around to talk to her and she's swaying already! As the guide said that we're able to take the flowers back, I took 2 pots. And Ann was screaming at me and yanli "you are a thief! How can you steal flowers! FLOWERS THIEF"!!
That was so hilarious! I was so stunned there but I just played along with her "so what if I'm a thief! What can you do to me Ann??!!"
LOL.
The most hilarious part is that, with so many people bottoms up, only Ann was drunk. 200+ students drinking the amount of beer for 600+ students. Isn't that insane?!
Ended off the intro week with a blast party at Student house. I was so high and danced all night as if I'm on Ecstasy.
Oh and that night I made a conclusion that I will not visit Poland. Because of all the yucky Polish guys I met.
And did I mention that I kissed my cute french guy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! He's just too cute to resist!
I love LV, Chanel and the french guy!

Nope, this is not the french guy. He's another funny Dane I met over at Kampsax today.
He's Alex and is my new found best friend! He said that the Raakotsalat Yanli and I made was actually pretty good! Haha.
Joyce invited us to cook together and Yanli and I made pasta, frekadella and raakotsalat. Actually I think basically I cooked most of them as Yanli only cook the spaghetti while I handle the rest. Hha. Oops sorry yanli but I still insist that I'm the better cook.
At least I don't just pour cold pasta sauce over the spaghetti without any other ingredients. Haha.

Anyway we were so lucky cos the pasta we cooked tonight is the best pasta we ever cooked! Phew. Tiff & Joyce actually love the pasta and dishes!


Best friend is such a hilarious guy. He loves to eavesdrop on our conversation and then laugh to himself. And the thing about him is that his laughter is not discreet at all.



Tiffany helped in frying the nian gao! Joyce was so generous to offer us her one and only nian gao! I wouldnt do that if I'm her!






And so the Caucasians, ABCs and Singaporean Chinese fought over the nian gao. Only those who can correctly pronounce nian gao correctly can eat. Lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment