From Prague to F4.
It all started with accidentally listening to Jolin's Prague.
Alone at Prague. It seemed surreal, to sit at the Prague square & people-watched, missing home, walked long distances (to save on bus fare) in dark streets and alleys, mesmerized by the sunset over the Prague castle...
Being alone and looking different from the rest, I was quite paranoid whenever people approached me or try to be friendly. But Prague, oh Prague, you are still one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to and I never regretted plucking up the courage to visit you.
Of course, thinking of Prague makes me think of how it all started-in Copenhagen.
The first snow and castle. All-white sight, walking down the street of Amagertov, weekly grocery shopping at Fotex, bicycle culture (and falling down!), 30 Kroner kebab outside DTU (Sadly, I can't remember the actual name for this kebab look-alike), self-made pizza with tortilla wrap, banana yogurt...
Copenhagen always reminds me of my wifey, and then I'll be reminded of the romantic times we had in Paris.
Paris, we walked walked walked to save on metro fares. We could walk >hour to get to the Eiffel, and walked the whole stretch of St Honorue to find Chanel and Longchamp. Paris, so beautiful, so romantic, but yet no sense of belonging.
Looking at the beautiful chandelier hanging in my room now... I wonder how the hell I managed to hand carry it back from Shanghai.
Shanghai.
Those were the times, strolling down The Bund, Singapore Day, Taobao, 鸡腿饭,手抓饼,鼎茶,bargaining at qipu road, weekly grocery shopping at wet market, looking forward to public holiday to travel around, Tibet, Seoul, Beijing, Harbin...
F4. (I don't have any F4 photos to share!)
I've never watched a single ep of Meteor Garden, neither was a fan of F4. The craze came fast, and faded swiftly too. Though never a part of me, F4 brought back sweet memories of the good old secondary school life. Mention F4 and I'll think of Nancy et al. Those days: weekly Orchard escapade, neoprints, buying CDs, eating laksa at Suntec, The Heeren HMV...
Good old times that don't last. I start to wonder, if it's relativity issue (because they are good, you just feel that time passes faster), or good things just fundamentally don't last?
Memories fail, I can't even remember the name of my favourite hang out cum post exam reward session dish. :( I yearn for that kebab now. It's so good. Maybe one day I will forget all these.
Before I grow (really) old and forget all these, perhaps I should go on a world trip soon.
It's my life, it's now or never.
I shall not end off with a pessimistic fact that money & time don't coexist for a mere mortal like me. Oh did I just say it?
No comments:
Post a Comment